How should you go about choosing luxury rehab services? You should be aware of what you need. Luxury rehab sites are everywhere, so pick carefully in light of what type of therapy they offer, how much the whole treatment will cost, and how long it will last. The main things to look for are centers and facilities that live up to the luxury moniker by practically being wellness resorts while not neglecting the rehabilitation aspect of their industry.
By the way, most luxury rehab centers are of the inpatient variety, which involves moderate to severe cases of addiction that cannot be addressed by mere outpatient counseling and support groups. With that said, before choosing a luxury rehab program, you should first figure out if the much cheaper outpatient rehab program is enough to suit your needs.
Sorting Out the Treatment Types
There are two types of drug rehab that are based on the two levels of hospital treatments. They are outpatient and inpatient treatment. Choosing between outpatient and inpatient treatment mostly depends on your level of addiction. Each has its respective treatment settings that assist you in dealing with your specific level of addiction. Here’s a table contrasting the two:
|Treatment Types||Treatment Setting||Level of Addiction||Rehab Time|
|Counseling (Regular Outpatient)||Low – Moderate|
|Intensive Day Treatment (Intensive Outpatient)||Moderate|
|Inpatient||Short-Term Residential Inpatient||Moderate|
|Long-Term Residential Inpatient||Moderate – Severe|
As the table clearly shows, outpatient treatment that enables you to still go to school or work is for less intense levels of addiction while inpatient treatment where you have to stay in a facility for 3 months or more is for severe addiction.
Outpatient versus Inpatient Treatment
Outpatient treatment is rehab that doesn’t involve overnight or month-long stays. It’s like attending class or going to regular doctor appointments. Inpatient treatment does include extended rehab center stays that stretch for 1 to 12 months or more.
Here are the pros and cons of inpatient programs.
- Inpatient programs are reserved for moderate to severe addiction because it’s a one-stop rehab option.
- You’ll be boarding or renting a room with them complete with meal plans and an activity itinerary of therapy sessions and counseling.
- Everything you need is located in one location and you’ll be monitored 24/7.
- All the residents living there will be taken care of all day by nurses and attendants.
- It can get quite expensive staying in a rehab facility for 3-12 months or even half a month to 1 month if you chose a short-term stay.
- It’s actually the most expensive rehab option right next to full hospitalization.
- In fact, one of the inpatient options is partial hospitalization, which is naturally the most expensive option for inpatient treatment.
- You also need to commit to a full-time schedule, so you have to abandon school, work, or family responsibilities while in rehab.
Here are the pros and cons of outpatient programs.
- Outpatient treatment is much cheaper but isn’t as intensive when compared to inpatient programs.
- You can still attend to your family, work, and/or school obligations as needed.
- Although you won’t see many luxury centers offering outpatient therapy there are countless clinics and offices out there that allow for more flexibility with their support groups, counseling, and so forth.
- The downtime between sessions can allow addicts to indulge, thus defeating the purpose of rehab.
- Severe addictions require monitoring and intensive behavioral therapy to help them cope with severe withdrawal symptoms.
- Because it’s a lower intensity program and requires weekly sessions of 1-2 hours or even 2-4 hours of therapy, it’s less effective when dealing with hardcore drug addicts, alcoholics, and chain smokers.
The Different Types of Inpatient and Outpatient Treatment
In order to learn the difference between outpatient and inpatient treatment, you need to first know your level of addiction. Afterwards, you should be aware of which treatment type best suits your needs in light of their benefits.
The different types of outpatient treatment include the following.
- Support Groups:This is the first level of outpatient rehab that’s available for low to moderate levels of addiction and drug abuse. You can combine it with counseling and intensive day treatment if needed. Self-help groups are highly recommended to help you maintain your sobriety and abstinence as well through discussions with peers who’ve been through what you’re going through, including the counselors. Meetings happen 1-2 hours every week. It can last as long as you need it.
- Counseling: Both group and individual counseling are all about achieving short-term behavioral goals to develop the right coping strategies against relapse and falling into your old bad habits. It’s done 1-2 hours per day and 1-3 days per week for as long as you want or need. Therapies involved here are moderate such as introductory mindful meditation and CBT.
- Intensive Day Treatment: This outpatient treatment type involves extensive services available in an inpatient program but you can go home after it’s all done. It’s done 2-4 hours a day and 3 days a week for 3-4 months. Once you complete this, patients are offered less intensive counseling as your addiction becomes more treatable in that manner. Medical treatment is also available for qualified patients.
Meanwhile, the different types of inpatient treatment—which all luxury rehab centers offer—include the following.
- Short-Term Residential: A short-term residential treatment is an intensive kind of rehab that lasts 14-30 days or half a month to a whole month. You’ll be monitored and taken care of by staff, counselors, therapists, doctors, and nurses for 24 hours a day and 7 days a week for a month or less. It’s in a hospital setting to deal with your detox needs and has medical treatment available for qualified patients.
- Long-Term Residential: Inpatient treatments that last on the long-term are what’s usually offered among luxury rehab centers locally and abroad. It’s intensive-treatment in non-hospital setting in order to help treat moderate addiction before it comes severe. It usually involves multiple treatment paradigms like holistic therapy, dual diagnosis, group therapy, and individual therapy in one package. It’s done 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 3-12 months.
- Partial Hospitalization: If your addiction is so severe you’re suffering from various medical conditions and complications, you might need both your addiction and your physical wellbeing dealt with through intensive treatment in a hospital setting. This typically lasts 6-8 hours and 5 days per week for 14-30 days.
How to Choose Your Luxury Rehab Treatment 101
After you’ve decided to go the inpatient luxury rehab treatment route that can either range from long-term residential treatment to partial hospitalization depending on the severity of your addiction, you should follow the following steps in order to properly choose which luxury rehab treatment you should go for.
- Know Your Options: There are an overwhelming number of addiction treatment options available for you ranging from 12-step programs like Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA) to inpatient rehab overseas in places like Thailand that are the fraction of the cost of rehab in your locality even when you take into consideration travel costs.
- Pick a Treatment Setting:You have many options to choose from when it comes to luxury rehab treatment settings. Some might be from out of state while others are out of the country to ensure seclusion and intense therapy sessions. Also, there are those that follow holistic or esoteric techniques while others who only focus on evidence-based therapy. The main appeal of inpatient residential treatment is the 24/7 monitoring.
- Choose Your Rehab Path: When choosing your rehab path, you need to consider your level of addiction, your budget, and your availability. Sometimes, your addiction level will dictate your availability for rehab. It doesn’t matter of you have work or school if you’re severely addiction—you still need to attend inpatient rehab. Addiction comes at a spectrum that ranges from mild to severe, after all.
- Determine Your Addiction Level: You can decide for yourself or obtain a professional screening to determine hour level of addiction.
- ASAM Criteria: The ASAM Criteria is typically used to professionally screen your addiction level once you opt for it. During such a process, therapists will consider each category when determining how bad your addiction is. Appropriate rehab programs and recommendations will be made after your level of addiction is determined.
- Quizzes for Alcoholics and Drug Addicts: Meanwhile, the National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence created two important quizzes. They’re known as “Am I Addicted to Drugs?” and “Am I an Alcoholic?” Try answering the questions listed on those quizzes to have an idea whether you’re an addict or an alcoholic.
- Learn the Length of Rehab Time: You should decide whether you’re attending rehab full-time or part-time. Most luxury rehab centers abroad offer full-time treatment and if you want part-time treatment you should go local. There are also facilities that allow you to stay as long as necessary or as you wish. There are others who offer a set program or package that can go from a month to a year.
- Control Costs: Inpatient treatments in luxury rehab centers that look like resorts aren’t cheap. They’re more effective than outpatient counseling sessions because of their higher level of care, but you need to find ways to lower their costs since they’re just below hospital stays in terms of expensiveness and time consumption. This is why you should treat addiction early on to avoid needing inpatient rehab down the line.
- Consider Rehab Tourism: Medical tourism has become big as of late, allowing people to save huge amounts of money getting operations and treatments for much cheaper than they would get locally even when you take into account travel costs. There’s dental tourism, cosmetic surgery tourism, and even rehab tourism that enables you to cut down inpatient rehab costs significantly while having a wellness vacation in another country.
- Ways to Complete Rehab:You can mix and match two approaches to completing rehab. You can enter a full-service rehab center and complete all its steps in the same facility aside from aftercare, which is coordinated by the facility still but completed elsewhere. You can also complete each step at different facilities to help you facilitate your expenses. You can detox at a hospital, attend therapist sessions, and complete outpatient treatment like the 12-step AA program.
Remember that a trained professional is still your best bet in getting a valid screening while quizzes make you more aware that you are an addict.
See if your medical insurance has coverage for them or go the rehab tourism route to lower costs. However, most insurance companies don’t cover rehab. Depending on the recommendations of your screening process, your insurance might only cover certain treatment settings and lengths. This is why you should get screened before committing to a given luxury rehab choice.
The Hallmarks of Luxury Rehab Excellence
Here are the things you should be on the lookout for when searching for an excellent luxury rehab service.
- Comfortable and Serene Environment: A luxury rehab center should have the main benefit of being a comfortable and serene environment conducive to healing and relaxation. The luxury rehab industry hinges on providing patients with a more residential or home-like setting instead of the more intimidating and sterile environment of a hospital. Look for a rehab center where you can unwind and relax as though you’re on vacation.
- Onsite Benefits and Accommodations:If you’re going to choose a luxury rehab center, then go for one that has the complete package of necessities in one place, from your anti-relapse medications to your therapists and counselors as well as your food and lodging. The amenities should be impeccable and you should get what you’re paying for or even have a nice bargain deal where you get quite a lot for an inexpensive price a la rehab tourism. Some might even have pools and spas for you to relax with like a real resort!
- Personalized Treatment Plans: The most important aspect of a luxury rehab center isn’t its luxuriousness but the effectiveness of its rehabilitation program, or else you might as well just stay at a fancy hotel or resort. You should avail of luxury rehab center that offers individualized or tailor-fit treatment that suits your unique condition and circumstances as an addict. Specifically look for programs that offer dual diagnosis for any co-occurring conditions you might have on top of addiction rehab.
- More about Dual Diagnosis: Because no two people or no two addictions are the same, you should get dual diagnosis and individualized therapy from your luxury rehab. This way, you’ll get more than just group therapy, CBT, and counseling as residents of the same center. You’ll also receive treatment for any mental disorders you might have like PTSD, ADHD, and depression that might worsen or cause your substance abuse disorder in the first place.
- Pharmaceutical Drugs and Medical Services: The luxury rehab you’re looking for should also have anti-relapse drugs such as sedatives, antipsychotics, antidepressants, and so forth to help you during medical detoxification or to assist in dealing with withdrawal symptoms. For example, they should have controlled doses of benzodiazepines available for meth addicts to lower their agitation and anxiety since those are meth-like drugs that assist in weaning them off of methamphetamine withdrawal.
- Community Benefits and Peer Support: Your rehab center of choice should also have a nice population of addicts and counselors who are ex-addicts that you could spend time getting to know and whatnot. Addiction recovery in a secluded place might help you get away with addiction triggers but it can get quite lonely in there. Your luxury rehab center should have community benefits and peer support from people who understand to make you feel like you’re not alone in your journey towards sobriety.
In a Nutshell
Deciding on a luxury rehab program—most of which are of the inpatient type, especially those offered overseas—all boils down to narrowing your options by your level of addiction. If you’re in trouble with the law, you might even be court-ordered for immediate inpatient rehab by default since you’re at a severe stage.
In terms of finding the right luxury rehab for you, it’s all about knowing your options, the program length, the treatment settings, and so forth before choosing a rehab path based on your addiction level. You should also rate your luxury rehab options in terms of cost, staff friendliness, the cleanliness of the accommodations, the food served, and the activities required for you to complete (like you would a resort or hotel).
You need a center like Clarity Rehab that offers medical detoxification and intensive psychological therapy for months for those whose addiction is so severe it might as well require court-mandated rehab.
Travel from Your Locality to Clarity Rehab Now
You might be asking, “Why should I go to Clarity Rehab in Chiang Mai, Thailand when you have rehab services in your locality?” It’s because it’s one of the most cost-effective ways to go about treating your drug addiction problems. More to the point, you might not even want to go to a local rehab center not only because it’s exorbitantly expensive but because you don’t wish for your neighbors or relatives to know your condition.
By going to Clarity Rehab in Thailand, you get to treat your addiction illness while secluding yourself from prying eyes and bad rumors at the same time. You can say you went there on a vacation—a wellness vacation! It’s also true in the sense that you can get addiction rehab while vacationing in a luxury center at the same time. Call now!